With any form of communication and interactions, there are proper etiquette and expectations to help everyone to communicate clearly.
For Internet users, that is often referred to as "netiquette". Here are some general netiquette guidelines that you should always keep in mind.
- Unlike face to face communication, you are not able to see how the words you write are interpreted by someone else.
- Remember to think before you type and never send a reply to someone while you are angry.
- Consider the effectiveness of your communication. Always include a short but informative subject line and include a signature to identify your self at the bottom of the email or Message.
- Always be respectful in all communication. Be sure to write in complete sentences, proper spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and grammar.
- Everything you type is recorded somewhere. There are no secret conversations on the Internet.
Any responses that do not follow these guidelines will be removed by the instructor and you will be notified and asked to complete them properly.
For more on Netiquette:
Ten Commandments Of Computer Ethics